Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D600 operate godox tt685 via radio?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

lighthouse

lighthouse

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I'm trying to use godox tt685 as an on-camera and/or  off-camera flash.  First question, can it be used on camera?  When I put  it in the hot shoe and shoot, it doesn't fire.

Second, can I use the radio control to trigger the remote flash?  I can get it to work with optical, but I want the flash to fire from another room without line of sight to the camera.  Is there a a camera setting to do this, or do I have to buy an accessory trigger to use radio mode?  The flash has radio trigger option, but the camera doesn't appear to.

thanks!!

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

I don't have that particular model of flash but I do use radio flash triggers with my D610. So, that part should work assuming that your hot shoe electronics are working properly.

--Ron

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

You need an X-series remote trigger from Godox. Your camera doesn't have any on-board radio trigger, and even if it had one, it would probably not work with any third-party speedlight.