Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

On Camera Flash Control Using SB-700 Off Camera?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

AlbertoHunter

AlbertoHunter

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello,
I have tried using the on camera exposure flash compensation on my D7100 with a SB-700 off camera with flash cable. When I adjust the exposure comp. on camera I can adjust all the way down to -3.0 but only up to +1.0. Flash is set to ITTL, I sure could use some help. +1.0 just doesn't work in many cases.VidMate  Mobdro

Thx,

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,587 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Just when would you need more than +1? Drag the shutter to let more ambient light in instead or run the flash in manual if you really want that awful tunnel of light look.

• Ron likes this

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

Use a slower shutter speed (1/60th and below) to let in more ambient light. Your fill flash should only light the main subject. If you go below 1/30th or so on your camera's shutter speed consider using camera support... a tripod or clamp.

The idea with fill flash is to try and balance (within reason) ambient light with your flash so that the picture looks more natural.

--Ron