Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Z7 - top LCD display too dim, unreadable in any light

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

CambsCreative

CambsCreative
  • Country Flag
  • LocationCambridgeshire, UK

Just got a Z7. Anybody else notice how dim the top LCD display is when it's set to 'auto' in the menu. I did a test with it in auto. Now, I assume in auto it will detect how much light there is i.e. in the dark it will dim and in bright sunlight it will brighten up to make it readable, but no matter what lighting situation I'm in, it's dim as hell and unreadable. I had to set it to manual and turn it up to 6, which is where I leave it. Or is my camera faulty? Anybody else notice dim screen on auto?

fallout666

fallout666
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

need to get hold of nikon or find how to change brightness on it. do not recall where or how to change brightness one my Z6 \

walt@wblady.com

walt@wblady.com
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOshawa, Ontario

Go to the Menu and scroll down to the SETUP MENU. Select CONTROL PANEL BRIGHTNESS. The three options are - AUTO, MANUAL and OFF. Manual has 7 brightness settings.

Nikon Shooter

Nikon Shooter
  • Country Flag

For some reason, I always make the same mistake
when reading the title of this thread, I read ZZ Top. 

bluzman

bluzman
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNorth Texas

ZZ Top! I thought it was just me. Glad to know I'm not alone.

Nikon Shooter

Nikon Shooter
  • Country Flag

ZZ Top! I thought it was just me. Glad to know I'm not alone.

:P