Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D500 import to new iMac error -36

import mac os

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

stephenramsden

stephenramsden

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Brand new iMac, OS Catalina, Brand New D500, shooting in RAW.

I would like to be able to import my .NEF raw files directly into a folder on my iMac and work with them via Adobe RAW importer.  I don't want to use the Lightroom cataloguing or any Mac photo program because of the clunky way in which they save the files and force you to use their software to access them.

i am putting the SD card from the camera into my iMac card reader and then dragging and dropping the subfolders under the DMIC folder on the card onto my desktop.

Every card I try tells me that there is an error copying the files because of the ._DS that starts the file names of the RAW files. 

Can anyone tell me what they have done with this problem?  Do I need to download some Mac software from Nikon to import the RAW files directly to a folder on my computer? 

Anyone have a solution? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: import, mac os