Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon D700 troubles

back panel

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Swede1126

Swede1126

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTrail, BC

Howdy, I’ve been a Nikon user for over 30 years now and I,m having some troubles with my Nikon D700. 1st some back ground, I have had it since new, 2015. I haven't had any troubles with it till now. I have taken 14419 shots with it, it’s never been dropped or submerged, only had 1 lens on it, Nikon 28-300mm.

Yesterday I was going to take a small hike close to home along the river (Columbia). At home I dropped a battery in it from the charger, turned it on, The top panel came on, went around to the back clicked the menu button “nothing” clicked all he rest, the same. Checked the top again, it was still on.

So I went outside and took a few shots, the camera worked fine, went back in, hooked the card up to my computer and the raw images where there, nothing wrong with them.

Back inside and I have David Busch’s Nikon D700 manual, open that up and I couldn’t find anything in there concerning the trouble, any ideas what the problem could be.

Thanks in advance for any help, but I’m pretty sure I know where it has to go.

Swede

krag96

krag96

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

The camera works, you just can't bring up the menu?