Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D500 rapid shutter

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Melissasc

Melissasc

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag
I have a D500, maybe leads than 10k shots. Consistently using it for sports photography, never any issues. Was shooting with it yesterday with a kit lens and all was well. Battery needed a bit of a charge before my next shoot so I put it on the charger. Went out and all of the sudden the camera just starts firing off rapid shots. On its own. No shutter pushed, etc. turned it off and back on and as soon as it was on it just kept firing off shots! Wasn’t pushing any buttons etc. took out battery, out it back in and all was fine for about 10 shots and it did it again. Thought it was the lens but changed it back to the one I always use and same problem existed.
I have not done any firmware updates, or a hard reset yet. It was not exposed to any liquids or extreme weather. I haven’t tried a new battery as it seems like it may be more mechanical than anything.. The only difference was I had a different as card in it than I usually use. Usually use a 64 FB but put in a 16.
Before I ship it off to Nikon and be out a camera for a few months was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them or can offer up some things to try. Thanks!

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

can we get video of it. can take to true local camera store or nikon. how old is the camera too. and shutter count on it