Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SB-910 does not fire in Remote mode

sb-910 d850 slave remote w arning tone

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

fsgeek91

fsgeek91

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi everyone!

After many months in storage, I decided to use a couple of my SB-910s. For some reason I cannot get the second speedlight to work as an optical slave:

Does anyone know what that two-tone beep means? I've never head it before but it doesn't sound good.

Things to note:

• All batteries were removed during storage
  • Freshly charged eneloopes were inserted into both speedlights
  • Speedlight settings can be seen in the above video

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm baffled!

Cheers,

Louis

Nikon Shooter

Nikon Shooter

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,041 posts
  • Country Flag

Servus,

one of the units must be seen/read as master that will
trigger the others either with an optical or radio signal.

fsgeek91

fsgeek91

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag
Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply. I’m not sure exactly what you mean, but I believe I have already done this: The unit on the hot shoe is set to “Master” and the unit on the stand is set to “Remote”. Furthermore, the channel/group is 1/A on each unit, respectively.

When I take a photo, the slave unit makes a two-tone beep that is repeated six times. This particular sound is not documented in the manual as far as I can tell.

I hope this additional info helps.

Cheers,

Louis

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sb-910, d850, slave, remote w, arning tone