Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

CoolPix B500 Internet Connectivity

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Raysha1811

Raysha1811

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

Good morning all.  I'm pretty impressed by the photos and footage I can record on my B500.  After a lot of frustration and angst I managed to get SnapBridge and my camera to work together successfully every time.  No matter where I am when downloading from the camera to my device (iPhone 11) I get the message pop up that says "The Wi-Fi network B500_(Then my camera code) does not appear to be connected to the internet.  Do you want to use mobile data?  I then have a choice of "Use Mobile Data" or "Keep trying Wi-Fi". 

Does anyone know why this pops up and how to eliminate this please? It's not a huge issue, but it does become annoying because if I've got lots to offload, I can't walk away until it's all copied to my device because sometimes it comes up at the start and sometimes near the end.  I have attempted to attach a screenshot for your perusal, and understanding.  

Thanks in advance for your advice

IMG_3226.jpg

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,587 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Do you have some other app running in the background? I think this happens because you are connected to the ad-hoc wifi node in your camera and some other app that needs the internet is trying to connect.

Raysha1811

Raysha1811

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

Thank you for the hint.  I will check when I need to use SnapBridge again.