Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

AC adapter for Z50 - Does it exist?

ac adapter z50

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Maglez

Maglez
  • Country Flag

Hello,

Is there an AC adapter for the Z50 camera? Well, I don't know if it would be AC or a DC adapter but something that will allow me to film for hours.

Is there anything like that?

Miguel.

fallout666

fallout666
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

all Z body's came with adapter cord to hook to pc for charging and moving photo. the other one is battery charger for battery. so that all you get for it. no sure if have cord that goes to wall plug from camera. i own Z6 by the way. do not know much about Z50

Maglez

Maglez
  • Country Flag

I think I found the answer.

On the manual, it says there is an AC adapter, an optional EH-73P charging AC adapter. I just bought one, let's see once I get it how it goes. It is on page 433 of the manual here... http://download.niko...50RM_(En)03.pdf

Miguel.

Merco_61

Merco_61
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Look at page 434. "Note that although the camera can be used while connected, the battery will not charge and the camera will not draw power from the charging AC adapter while the camera is on."

This power supply will unfortunately not solve your problem. It will charge as soon as you switch the camera off, but as long as the camera is on, it will draw from the battery.

Maglez

Maglez
  • Country Flag

I wish I had seen your message Merco before I bought the adapter, which didn't work as I wanted hahaha

Well, this camera has been a failure for me, I need to be able to record continuously for hours and can stop to change the battery.

Does any of you know of a camera that could function without the battery but through a power cable?

I will appreciate any suggestion.

Miguel.

Merco_61

Merco_61
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

DSLRs and MILCs are made for shooting short clips, not continuous use in video mode. They all have limits on how long you can record.

It sounds like you need a dedicated video camera.

Adam

Adam
  • Country Flag

There is apparently a third-party adapter that will get the job done:

https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B09PBRFMX8/

It's a bit of a hack but seems to be designed to deliver continuous power.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ac adapter, z50