Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon D3400 lens advice for city and landscapes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Dan85

Dan85

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag
Hi everyone.
New here! Just wanted to get some advice from some more experienced minds than mine about my lenses for the Nikon D3400.
I adore the camera and I have recently purchased the 35mm prime lens which is great, but I do like to take photos of architecture and landscapes, and I am finding that I am struggling to get everything I want into my shots, just short of moving back out into the middle of a road or something! I have the 18-55mm kit lens also which does a decent job but I read that there are better ones out there.
I have been reading up and I know that my camera is a DX, which essentially means that the 35mm length on my lens will actually be appearing as more of a 50mm length, so I am not getting as much into my images as I would like. The 35mm has been excellent when just exploring the streets etc but I was wondering which lens would be best to get better shots for what I want?
I have seen there are 24mm prime lenses around, which would then appear more towards 35mm on my camera, but I have also seen a 10-20mm wide angle lens being spoken highly of. The 24mm one doesn’t seem to get spoken about much? Is it worth getting that or is the quality not as good? Should the 10-20mm be the way to go? Or any other suggestions? My budget isn’t massive at the moment.
Thank you in advance!

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Country Flag
Also see my reply in

Nikon D3400 prime lens advice - Beginner Questions - NikonForums.com