Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

rumor has the Z body's get firmware update on feb 20 2020

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

fallout666

fallout666
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

New Nikon Z6 and Z7 firmware updates with improved autofocus rumored to be announced soon - Nikon Rumors

fallout666

fallout666
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

just update its is out now here the link to what get but must get if have cat or dog or want to use new Z mount s lens 70-200mm since allows it to work properly 

Leon

Leon
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSt. Leonards-on-Sea
Just installed it in my Z6. Unfortunately, I no longer have a cat to try it on. My neighbour has a one-eyed stray he adopted, I might try it out on him.

bluzman

bluzman
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNorth Texas

There's also a update from C:1.0 to C:1.1 available for the Z50.

john.ej.welsh

john.ej.welsh
  • Country Flag

I have a Z6 with FTZ  and Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 lens attached.  Earlier I found issues with transfer of lens correction information.  Looking at other comments on this forum it appears I was not the only one it appeared that the associated information from the RAW image had implied that lens correction was not being done in-camera.   I was getting a large dark vignette on my RAW images as my edit software was told to automatically apply the lens corrections for the Sigma at 17mm.  Users suggested that this was wrong as it WAS being applied in-camera although there was some confusion.

I have tested it and very latest version of Z6 camera firmware (21 July 2020) v3.1  does appear to now be sending on the correct  message that lens corrections have already been applied.