Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D200 Dark Picture issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

ctanpoco

ctanpoco

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Camera set on P mode but every photo I take either indoor or outdoor, comes out almost  dark , seems like that it is stuck in one aperture and shutter speed. I formatted the SD card card which is a 8GB and control panel shows 1.7k. Changing  ISO from 400 to 1600 don't make any difference in the outcome of the photo.

I tried setting it in the S and A mode but same outcome. I can see the different aperture and shutter speed on the control panel window, made changes but same outcome.

Is it possible I have a failing SD card or software issue?

Last time I used the camera was October of last year, on vacation in Europe and took great pictures.

Thanks,

Charlie

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

If you could upload a sample picture with Exif data it would be helpful in diagnosing your problem.

--Ron

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,524 posts
  • Country Flag
If the camera saves a file even so the pucture is dark, it is unlikely that the SD card is the issue.

Could it be that you dialled in an exposure compensation?
Obviously there are also possible other settings that could cause the picture to be dark, but I would start with testing the exposure compensation.

If that’s not the issue, please post a picture and the related EXIF data, as Ron mentioned.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I was thinking exposure compensation as well.  An example with the info would still help.  You could also try M mode so that you are controlling all of the settings...