Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hi Folks

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Simon 5100

Simon 5100

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Country Flag
I'm from the U.K (Midlands) I've been using Nikons for around 15 years starting with a D50, a couple of years ago, on a serious bargain basement budget I upgraded to a D5100 finding a low shutter count example for £100 complete with 2 year warranty! I added a VR 18mm-105mm for around the same price. so got a camera and lens that would of cost around £1100 new for less than a quarter of that.

I originally bought a D50 with 18mm-55mm new in mid noughties I still have it and passed it on to my teenage son and we often have a great time taking photos together (much to annoyance of my wife who often just wants to enjoy the walk)

Before the D50 I had a couple of Olympus bodies an OM10 and an OM1md I still have the 10 as it was bought for me by my late late dad over 30 years ago when I was in my teens and has immense sentimental value. I did for a while own a Mamiya 645 which i loved but the running costs (film and processing) were double 35mm so sold it to a wedding photographer before digital took over that genre.

I love a good forum I'm on one for my car brand, a cycling one (another expensive hobby hence the low budgets for the camera) and one for writing (I do a bit of freelance feature writing for magazines in addition to the bill paying day job). So thought I'd join a photography one and what better than one that can help with my brand of camera tech issues..... SO as I said...

Hello!

Bengan

Bengan

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationStockholm

Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums. Hope you will have fun