Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Getting back into the swing of things

d40x d500

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

LDPhotograpy

LDPhotograpy

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi All,

I have been taking photos for the major part of my 61 year old life....  Started with an Ilford (my dad's), then a Ricoh TLS SLR, a Canon A1E, and the last camera I bought was a Nikon D40x (in 2007). As my professional life as a scientist is starting to wind down and I have more and more time for hobbies, I have decided that it is time for un upgrade in my photography toolkit.  As I like all kind of photography and video (certainly as the time of shooting movies of the kids is way behind me......  I bought two video cameras since the purchase of the D40x), the video performance of my "photo camera" is not of utmost importance.  With all that in mind I am leaning heavily toward the D500 (even though a lot of folks try to convince me that I should go mirrorless).  Anyway, I am glad that I found this forum and hope that I can be contribute to its success in some way.

Andy