Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

No Wifi Snapbridge D780 and Tab S5E

wifi snapbridge d780

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

JohnW

JohnW

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi All. First post.

Just unboxed my brand new D780 and eager to do some miniature photography. I would like to use Snapbridge but I can't get it to connect to wifi. The firmware on the D780 was updated to 1.01. The Samsung Galaxy Tab S5E firmware/OS is also updated, and the Snapbridge is the current version from the Google Playstore.

What works:

1. The bluetooth pairs and the app recognizes and displays pairing icon along with D780 name.

2. The app also recognizes the SSID and password.

What doesn't work. The app will not connect to the wifi for pictures or remote photography.

Checklist:

Does the camera support Wi-Fi? Yep. Is Wi-Fi enabled, both in SnapBridge and on the camera? Yeppers Check that wireless and the “send while off” option are enabled on the camera. Done Are you using a smart device with automatic network selection? Nope, not recommended Have you tried deleting and restoring the camera Wi-Fi network profile? Yep Is the Wireless Mobile Utility (WMU) installed on your smart device? Nope, not recommended to be.   Have also uninstalled app and reinstalled. Batter fully charged with SD card in slot. Have removed auto reconnect for my router wifi as recommended by Nikon.   thanks for any help, or if you can recommend alternative for D780 with android s5e.