Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D3300 won't power up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Jakepotter

Jakepotter

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag
Hi everyone,
Looking for some guidance, very basic camera knowledge, my D3300 has just stopped powering up at all, tried new batteries and still nothing, is there a reason for this that I can look for or does it need a professional to look at it ?
In WS3 if anyone knows a local professional that won't fleece he :)
Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Country Flag
Provided it is not working at all, even with a new and fully charged battery, visually check the electric contacts in the battery compartment - and possibly others (f.i. memory card slot (pins creating a shortcut)).
Also check that your charger is not broken.

While it may otherwise be an issue with the power switch, a connector or the mother board, all of these will require a technician to look at - however, even so the repair shop not cheating on you, try to get first a cost estimate for looking at it, as the camera value might not be worth the costs.

Jakepotter

Jakepotter

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Jerry_

Thanks for your input, all sorted now