Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Upgrade my lens or camera?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Mradz1991

Mradz1991

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag
hello, I have a D5600 right now and always looking at lenses for it. Been looking at the 2nd hand 24-70mm f/2.8e ed on ebay (not even 100% sure it would fit and work). But my question is should I buy this lens or buy a better camera and keep my 18-140mm kit lens and 50mm 1.8 thats i already have. Thanks
Adam

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

The honest answer is we can't answer that question because we have no idea why you are considering a change.  Do you find something lacking in your current equipment?  Why are you considering a change?

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,588 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Do you have plans to go FX soon? The 24-70 pro lenses are all heavy beasts that don't handle well on a D5xxx series body as they get uncomfortably front-heavy. It will work and render beautiful photos but you will probably not bring it with you nearly as often as you do the D5600/18-140 combo.

What do you find lacking with your current gear? Remember that going with an FX normal zoom will cost you nearly all the wide angle coverage you currently have. You might be better off with a Sigma 18-35/1.8 if you need a bigger aperture than the kit lens has for either shallower DOF or lower ISO, for example.

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

like both said. you should find true local camera store and try it out. as for merco_61 i had gen 1 nikon 70-200mm and gen 1 tamron 150-600mm no issue in till driop camera with gen 1 tamron 150-600mm he can use it. also do not know how many full frame lenses he has or what type of photography and budget to go on. that is great upgrade i would do it. but with so little info. only thing we can say.