Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon D7500 shuts off and displays _______ PC

error troubleshooting d7500

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

armelind313

armelind313

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag

I was sitting with my camera trying to get the camera to connect wifi to my Galaxy S10 and all of a sudden, the camera clicked and turned off. The control panel LCD lit up and shows PC in the top right corner and there is what looks like a progress bar going left to right over and over. This is the 2nd time this error or whatever it is has happened since owning this camera.

Even with the camera off, the green LCD is on and the PC shows and the progress bar travels across the screen. After about 20 minutes, the screen froze and the light turned off but the PC is there and the progress bar is stuck in its last position.

Anyone seen this before? I think last time it did it, I removed the battery for an extended amount of time and the camera cleared and worked normally.

The link is to a short vid of the camera and progress bar:  

Dropbox - File Deleted - Simplify your life

And this link is after the light went off and progress bar froze. camera was turned off after creating vid: 

Dropbox - File Deleted - Simplify your life

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated... whether deciphering what it is, reasons it may be doing it or if it is nothing and normal behavior because I did something.

Thank you. 

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,632 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

I don't have a D7500, but on older cameras, the walking bar and the PC indicates that the camera is in tether mode. Are you sure that the camera is off and not simply connected to Snapbridge with the camera controls disabled as it should be controlled from the app?

armelind313

armelind313

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag

I don't have a D7500, but on older cameras, the walking bar and the PC indicates that the camera is in tether mode. Are you sure that the camera is off and not simply connected to Snapbridge with the camera controls disabled as it should be controlled from the app?

Interesting, I was messing with that function as I was trying to control the camera with my phone and/or a bluetooth remote. It is interesting because I couldn't find that info anywhere. Everytime I put the word PC in a search, it talked about connecting to a computer, but I never was doing that. I couldn't find that in the manual either. I did a search in the PDF and it would say something about connecting to a PC but never talking about how the little display would show that. I will look into it.

It is also funny that it took several minutes for it to do this "error" after i had started this process. It is why I was so confused. I would be messing around and all of a sudden I hear <click> then the camera would become unresponsive and it acted like it was locked up. I couldn't do anything with it with my phone either. Only way to stop it was to pull out the battery for longer than a few minutes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: error, troubleshooting, d7500