Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I need a logo...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

rocknrumble

rocknrumble

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Thoughts?

ElvisSinosicPhotographyLogo.jpg

Afterimage

Afterimage

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationPennsylvania

In general the only thing I'd worry about is that the camera is identifiably a Nikon. That's kool if you stay small but if you ever start making money at photography I'd look at making the camera as generic as possible. Other than that, aesthetically you have a good concept going. Maybe a touch too clunky... it looks off balance to the eye. Try merging the broad back of the "E" into the body of the camera. Let the "E" be represented by 3 horizontal line emerging from the body. I'd also revise the font on the full name below. Something with a little more style. I like where you're going with this and I think this could be polished into a really nice logo.

Logos are actually difficult to create, people get paid big $$$ to make good ones. The best ones are easily recognizable, say something about your brand and have the right amount of impact vs. complexity.

For our logo I created a camera iris shape and colored the top and bottom blades red to form a sort-of "S". Early drafts of our logo had the "LAMA" extending outside of the iris so it spelled out "SLAMA". Simplifying the design further we just dropped the additional lettering to yield our "trademark" black and red Iris. Simple, identifiable and efficient. 

rocknrumble

rocknrumble

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Country Flag

Many Thanks for the pointers and suggestions.

Tony892

Tony892

Tony892

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Site Supporter

Thoughts?

attachicon.gifElvisSinosicPhotographyLogo.jpg

I think it is a very catchy logo, but I am no expert. However, if you are going to use the logo on your images as a copyright emblem, it is quite big and could draw you away from the picture.

rocknrumble

rocknrumble

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Country Flag

Thanks. I've been working on it... tossing around ideas... Came up with this...

ElvisSinosicPhotographyLogoBB.jpg

Then had a graphic designer take my idea and work with it... This is what I got...

ESP.jpg

What do you guys think of the final design?

(Obviously the logo would be shrunk to be unobtrusive on photos)

Tony892

Tony892

Tony892

• Forum Member
  • 1,008 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Site Supporter

Thanks. I've been working on it... tossing around ideas... Came up with this...

attachicon.gifElvisSinosicPhotographyLogoBB.jpg

Then had a graphic designer take my idea and work with it... This is what I got...

attachicon.gifESP.jpg

What do you guys think of the final design?

Well done! I am not going to be very helpful, becuase I actually like all three and think they all look really good. I think I would prefer the original first one, but having the Elvis Sinosic Photography with bold removed. Think it is important to combine the eye catching ESP logo with spelling out what it stands for.

(Obviously the logo would be shrunk to be unobtrusive on photos)

rocknrumble

rocknrumble

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Country Flag

Thanks for the Input. Just so you know, Martial Arts is a big part of my life (ex pro fighter, run my own martial arts school and I have numerous black belts) so I wanted that incorporated into the logo. I like the final design and it is really growing on me.

I like how the belt has the martial arts tag on one side and film coming out the other side of the knot but with the camera in the background as thats what the logo is about.

Afterimage

Afterimage

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationPennsylvania

I really like the designed logo. You know it would even work pretty well without the camera in the background. You could erase that and use just the "belt logo" as a lite version, it would be perfect for watermarks. Small. distinct, efficient. The larger version would look great as a web banner or on business cards.

rocknrumble

rocknrumble

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Country Flag

Nice idea thanks.

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLivingston, Scotland

Site Supporter

I'm still trying to come up for a logo for my website, the "iNyon Images" is ok but I would also like to have a Logo involved. Been wracking my brains for ages on this one.

P.s , sorry forgot to say that I really like the belt logo too. I've started to follow you on Facebook.

rocknrumble

rocknrumble

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Country Flag

The Belt logo for photo tagging once I work out how to do it :)

E S P LOGO 3.jpg

rocknrumble

rocknrumble

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Country Flag

In regards to getting your own logo you need to start hashing out your own ideas. That way you can get someone to put your ideas into a design. I started the process and then passed it on. That way I got something that represented me as well as what I want to show.

My friend who owns a Yogurt store went to an online place where people will put in entries and you choose a winner (and provide a cash prize for them as well). There are lots of options for getting logos you just need to know where you want to start.

Afterimage

Afterimage

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationPennsylvania

Excellent! I think that's a quality design right there!

There are lots of options for getting logos you just need to know where you want to start.

Best place to start is with a clean white sheet of paper, a pencil, and a tumbler of single malt scotch ;)

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

To carry on Afterimage's statement:

Or your personal preference of intoxicating beverage...

I did pretty much as has been described...hashed out what I wanted over a few (or more) beverages and handed it over to a friend that does graphics imaging...she hammered it out quickly because I knew what I wanted:

Sportz2Pix

I have done a few shirts, hats, etc. with the logo so folks see it while I'm out shooting - most of what little I make from photography comes from parents purchasing photos of their kids...I have it setup so I can go with any color of item (like to match the home team's colors) and the 2 in the lens will show the color of the shirt / hat - the text will be black or some other color as needed.  Camera is very generic and is always a light grey...

For watermark, I removed the text and kept the camera with the 2 in the lens...

Hope that helps!