Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Never say Never

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Longviewer

Longviewer

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Country Flag
Hi folks! I've been comfortably ensconced at pentaxforums for years as jimr-pdx. When Adam introduced this place I never expected to have a reason to visit.

A few months ago I had a non-pandemic examination of gear conscience, and realized that I was unable to stop buying Pentax gear! I left the K mount behind at least twice, but each time the Siren calls pulled me back. I decided that the micro 4:3 kit and aps/c were too similar and the Lumix gear was really handy for most work, and I contacted a dealer and shipped off 16# of Pentax and redundant m43 stuff - and bought a re-shuttered D600 and 28-105D for less than the buyout offer. If I had another $1000 the K-1 would probably have convinced me, but it's more bulk and expense than I would manage any time soon.

I've added a Tamron 70-300vr and a classic 90/2.8 Sigma macro. Hopefully a wide prime will finish this round of dealing and I can learn the new gear without lusting for more. I don't really know much about Nikon product, and if I keep it that way perhaps the Sirens speaking pigeon Pentax will not get to me :)

Thanks for listening.. and for being here.

Bengan

Bengan

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationStockholm

Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums from a Pentax/Nikon combo guy