Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Capture NX-D keeps hanging

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

ccondon23

ccondon23

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

A friend recently passed away and I am trying to convert his pics from .nef to .jpg so that his widow can easily go through them on her laptop.  I'm using the batch processing function in Capture NX-D to do this,  but it keeps hanging and I have to force it to shut down, then restart it to continue.  It seems fairly random - sometimes it'll only convert 30 or 40 pics before hanging and other times it will do several hundred. 

The problem is, I've got tens of thousands of pics to convert, so this is taking forever. I've tried doing them in smaller batches, but even when I try doing less than 400 or 500 in a batch, it still hangs. I'd like to be able to at least do 1000 - 1500 in a batch. 

I am using Windows 10. The source files are on a USB external drive and the destination is the local C: drive. I am not changing the resolution or image size and the image quality is good (85). 

Do anyone know how to prevent the application from hanging?