Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Some fine local folks

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

krag96

krag96

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

From the beginning of this virus pandemic of 2020 the local church's have stepped forward helping people in need by giving food and other items to those unable to work and ordered to stay home.  Yesterday I decided to record some of these extraordinary people at their work.  They weren't hard to find, they were serving meals just over the ridge on a drive through basis.  Photo's were okay, but they're humble folks who didn't want any names or specific location given.  I shot most photos at 24mm due to their modesty.  The leader of the group did consent to an informal portrait though.

wt5qqdK.jpg

rFWgxs9.jpg

4JZPEYz.jpg

The leader of the group.

iSlYNoF.jpg

Nikon Shooter

Nikon Shooter

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 4,041 posts
  • Country Flag

All who lend a helping hand to others in this situation — what ever
the motivation — should be celebrated somehow and their actions
documented.

This illustrates very well a collective contribution to the wellbeing of
the community.

Thumbs up! :P

krag96

krag96

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,319 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

In this case it's one rural church that remains open, though services are out-doors for the time being, (you bring a lawn chair) and weather permitting.  Other church''s have banded together  and operate their food pantry's, free clothing, and other services from a central or rotating location. 

Our rural communities are free from shortages because of people like these.  I can't attest to the more developed regions, but I hope their church's have taken on the burden of out-reach also.