Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon coolpix P600 slow processing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Jimtanner

Jimtanner

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag
Every time I turn the camera on it ask to put in the time zone and date . Even if I put it in correctly it will do the same after off/on. Also after I push the button to take a picture seems like it takes 3 seconds to process it to the SD card. The display will be black until it's finished processing. It will do this even with a new SD card. Firmware is up to date and I have even done factory reset. Help

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Have you let the built-in clock battery charge fully? Put in a full camera battery and leave the camera off overnight to let the clock battery charge. If it still asks for time /date every time you switch it on after you have power cycled it twice after the charge, the clock battery needs replacing. The sluggish save to card can be caused by an empty clock battery.

Unfortunately, changing the clock battery is best left to a service centre.

Jimtanner

Jimtanner

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag
I will try that. Thank you