Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Black Dot on all Photos

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Jababalase

Jababalase

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag
At first I thought it was a lens issue, so I thoroughly cleaned the lens, and still, there was this damned black dot.
So I tried taking a shot without the lens to see if it was a camera body issue, and voila, there it still was.
I then proceeded to clean the mirror and the sensor and the spot was gone in the next image (again this is without the lens).
So I thought “mystery solved and a job well done”, I then put the lens back on and snapped a shot only to see the blasted spot there again!
I’ve used multiple lenses and it’s always there, but it had gone when I cleaned the body.
I’m not sure I’ve articulated this particularly well but I’m just at a loss.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Dirt on the sensor has to be really severe to show up with the lens aperture open or the lens not there. It will always be more visible the more you close the aperture down.

Don't clean the mirror! It is silvered on the surface and easily damaged, besides the risk of moving it out of position rendering the finder useless until you have the camera calibrated.