Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My SD card is Not Working Properly

sd card nikon d3500 damage help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

TILERS_PERTH

TILERS_PERTH

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationU 22/92 Mallard Way, Cannington WA 6107, Australia
Hello,

I am using Nikon D3500 DX-Format DSLR Camera which is my favorite and most amazing camera I used in my life but last month it shows me certain issues which I mentioned below.

Whenever I clicked an image then it showing me an error which is like "This memory card cannot be used. The card may be damaged so Insert another card". 

I clicked various images in my camera but after that when I checked all the images then I saw an empty folder 
which really irritates me and all my hard work and excitement were wasted in seconds.

I think my SD card is working very fine but I do not know what is the main cause of this issue as I am a 
beginner in this field.

I am really excited to show these images to my family and friends but now I am really upset by my action.

I read an article yesterday in which they talk about one specific thing about troubleshooting but they do not 
tell in more detail so I came here to know about the steps which will help me to get my images back to me.

I hope you understand my problem and thanks for making any effort to answering my query.

Please reply to me as soon as possible.

Bengan

Bengan

Forum Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationStockholm

Site Supporter

I'm sorry to say that if the camera gave you an error message after each shot then there are probably no photos saved to the card.

Let's make sure.

Take out the card. Check the little slider on the side and make sure that it isn't in the lock position.

To make absolutely sure, insert the card in a card reader on your computer (either integrated or a separat one) and check if there are any photos stored on the card. If so, copy them to your computer.

Before removing the card from your computer, use the "Eject" command. This should always be done before removing the card from the reader.

Insert the card back in your camera and format it using the menu command. If there is an error, try a different card.

Be sure to buy good quality cards.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

And always use the camera to format the card.  Once you have found this card to be good or gotten hold of another card, format the card in camera before shooting.

• Ron likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sd card, nikon d3500, damage, help