Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Should I take the risk...

d600 d610

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

ddmvecj

ddmvecj

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationToronto

Hello,

I just saw the new price of the D600 here ( http://cametacamera..../241750249.html ) and I'm really asking myself if the D610 is worth the 700$ difference...

I have a small budget at the moment and I also plan to buy the Tokina 16-28mm f.2.8.

My actual fear is the famous oil issue, and I will be very upset to have that if I take the D600. But on the other side would the 6fps and the weather sealed body worth 700$ (that could be for the Tokina lens)

What do you think ?

UPDATE : On the other hand, I am interested about the 6fps because I also shoot BMX...

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

I don't think refurbs even come with a 1-year warranty, so you'd be gambling.  The oil issue may or may not be there- whether or not that's a risk you're willing to take for $700 is your call- that's a lot of money, after all!  You could easily get a nice lens for the difference in price.

ddmvecj

ddmvecj

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationToronto

Well on the website they say that there is a 1 year warranty... but yeah that's true, maybe I got to be a little more patient (that's hard ahah)

cowleystjames

cowleystjames

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOxford, UK
Only my input, but if it was me, I'd hang out for a D610, I'd be mad as hell if I bought a D600 and had the oil spot issue that Nikon don't really want to acknowledge is there.

Upham

Upham

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Country Flag

I would go for the D600 and get yourself a nice lens. I don't think the problem is as big as the internet makes it out to be, there are allot of people who have no problem at all with their D600 but these people are ofcourse not as vocal

Also nikon did acknowledge there sometimes could be a issue

https://support.niko...tail/a_id/18180

Tony892

Tony892

Tony892

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Site Supporter

Hello,

I just saw the new price of the D600 here ( http://cametacamera..../241750249.html ) and I'm really asking myself if the D610 is worth the 700$ difference...

I have a small budget at the moment and I also plan to buy the Tokina 16-28mm f.2.8.

My actual fear is the famous oil issue, and I will be very upset to have that if I take the D600. But on the other side would the 6fps and the weather sealed body worth 700$ (that could be for the Tokina lens)

UPDATE : On the other hand, I am interested about the 6fps because I also shoot BMX...

You are the first person to mention the oil issue on the forum to date. Well the first one I have read. Is anyone else aware of this issue, is it some nasty rumour dreamed up by the opposition?
What do you think ?

ddmvecj

ddmvecj

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationToronto

I would go for the D600 and get yourself a nice lens. I don't think the problem is as big as the internet makes it out to be, there are allot of people who have no problem at all with their D600 but these people are ofcourse not as vocal

Also nikon did acknowledge there sometimes could be a issue

https://support.niko...tail/a_id/18180

You are the first person to mention the oil issue on the forum to date. Well the first one I have read. Is anyone else aware of this issue, is it some nasty rumour dreamed up by the opposition?
What do you think ?

Yeah that's true ! Maybe the fear about the D600 is not as bad as we can see on the internet. And I also saw that the most recent versions of the D600 have been modified to avoid the problem as much as possible...

Well I guess I still have to think about that.

Thanks for your answers

K-9

K-9

Jamie

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNew England

Site Supporter

What do you think ?

The D600 oil issue has been talked about a bunch of times on this forum, nearly since the forum opened.  You just probably never picked up on the postings about it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: d600, d610