Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

S800C: How to split halves non-destructively

cookpix s800c

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

capouch

capouch

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I own a couple of Android Coolpix cameras, model S800C.  

I'm in a situation where the LCD is bad on one; the rest is fine.  The zoom mechanism is stuck on the other; the LCD is fine.  

I have been to the iFitIt tutorials for this camera, but unsurprisingly, they are badly inaccurate.  For one, they show no physical connection whatsoever between the "body" half of the camera and the "LCD" half.  They show four screws to remove, but there are five.

I have figured my way out to *almost* the point of joy.  I found all the screws, prised out all the little latches, BUT: at the corner of the camera between the HDMI port and the shutter button, there is something internal holding the two pieces TIGHT together.

For fear of damaging both halves and thereby ruining my swap plans, I have stopped at that point.  There is virtually nothing out there under Google's nose, and I even sprang for $5 for "just answers dot com" and the expert advice I got was "buy a used one; they're cheap."

I hope perhaps someone can point me to an answer.  As they say, "So near, and yet so far."

Thanks.