Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon Z 24-70 f4 Mechanical Repair Prospects

nz6lens kit repair

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

AstroGidi

AstroGidi

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHeidelberg

Hey guys,

Yesterday, my Nikon Z6 was toppled with its tripod while taking interval shots. The body was well protected and the only part thereof which was damaged is the ring to which the strap-triangle thingy is attached.

However, the kit lens was not as lucky. When I had first taken a look at it - the distance between the zoom indicator and the zoom ring was slightly tilted. I applied a little pressure and it appeared to be fine. However, the turn of the zoom ring feel frictional, and it sounds as if a small plastic component is broken inside the lens itself. The lock of the zoom itself is often impaired by (what I suspect to be) the position of this loose plastic piece inside, but when held in a certain way - the zoom ring (to the dot) locks almost as it should.

The autofocus and manual focus function correctly, I think.

My question to you:

What are the prospects of repairing such mechanical damage? Would you suspect it to be cheaper than purchasing a new lens, etc?

P.S

Is it also possible to replace that strap ring? (the one screwed to the camera - not the triangle)

Thanks in advance!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nz6lens, kit, repair