Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

a question about fill flash

flash

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

kahoutek

kahoutek

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I'm relatively new to DSLR photography. I've has a D5600 for about a year. I have a Nikon point and shoot that allows me to set it for fill flash, so it goes off even when the camera doesn't think I need it. I can't seem to get the D5600 to do this. If I'm shooting in fairly bright light and just want to add a little some fill, it won't flash. This is the pop-up flash on the camera that I'm asking about. I would appreciate some help.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

It has been quite awhile since I have had a body with the internal flash and even longer since I used it for some fill, but I believe you just have to open the flash for it to be used as fill...

bluzman

bluzman

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNorth Texas

See pages 103 and 104 of the manual. The short version: if you're shooting in P,S,A or M modes, press the button to raise the built-in flash. Continue to hold the button down and rotate the command dial to select the lightning bolt (fill flash) icon. The flash will fire for every picture.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: flash