Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Connecting Coolpix 8700 to computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

ROBBOC

ROBBOC

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Bought a secondhand Coolpix 8700 recently and ordered a USB lead to connect it to my computer. Both the Nikon instruction manual and the seller of the lead describe it as 'UC-E6', and if I Google UC-E6 all the images come up showing the cable I ordered and received. However, the inboard end of the lead doesn't fit the 'I/O Digital' port on the camera, which consists of a female circle of about 5mm diameter with two parallel flat sides and a flat male connector standing up in the middle.

Has anyone else had the same problem?  More to the point, does anyone know how to solve it - is there some sort of adaptor I need...? 

Hope you can help! 

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

If you are trying to connect it in order to transfer images, most folks will use a built in or USB attached card reader.  

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,650 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Doesn't the 8700 use the UC-E1 that was introduced with the coolpix 800? You will be better off using a CF reader as the USB bus in the 5700 and 8700 is *very* slow.