Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

5300 18-55mm kit on d70

d 5300 kit lense d70

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Drummr1966

Drummr1966

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag
Hello, I'm hoping somebody can help me as the research I'm done is not answering my question. I gave my 18 to 55 mm kitlands that I had on my D 5300 to my daughter for her older D70. You can take pictures and everything seems fine except not only will the auto focus not work but even the manual focus doesn't do anything? I took the lands off of the D70 and put it right back on my D 5300 and everything was fine. Returned it to the D70 and neither the auto focus nor the manual focus would work. Am I missing something? She's excited about having a better lands and several accessories I have for it but right now I told her to hold off until I could find out what was going on and what mistake I'm making. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Country Flag
I would expect that the lens working on the D5300 also works on the D70 ... *

What surprised me most in your post was the fact that also the manual focussing does not work, when mounted on the D70. How does this materialize?

* Nikon having made a few versions of the 18-55 kit lens, could you give the full reference of the one that you have? It is one of the AF-S versions, not the AF-P?

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Sounds like the AF-P version. Manual focus on these use the focus motor.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: d 5300 kit lense, d70