Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Z6 ISO display with SB-400 in low light

z6 sb-400

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Pipa

Pipa

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag

I have a Z6 which I use with an SB-400 flash. The combination works well.

However, in low light situations with the SB-400 connected and switched on, the ISO value displayed in the viewfinder of the Z6 shows a fixed value of 400 and the under-exposure meter is displayed. If the flash is switched off, the ISO value resumes its correct value, i.e. exceeds 400, and the under-exposure meter is removed from the display. Apparently this does not affect the operation of the unit; the camera and flash do take pictures with ISO values above 400; the only problem is the displayed value of 400 prior to taking the shot.

I realize that the SB-400 is no longer produced but the Z6 reference manual states clearly that it is compatible with the SB-400.

Can someone please help me to understand what's going on?

Does this happen as well with a Z6 and an SB-300?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: z6, sb-400