Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Zoom ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Shoot4free

Shoot4free

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Got this question from a friend today. He is shooting a nikom d3400.         ,NIKON D3400,,LIKE WHEN I TAKE A PICTURE ZOOMED IN,IT ALWAYS SHOWS UP IN THE DISTANCE VIEW,,WHEN I GO LOOK AT IT,,,CANT FIGURE OUT HOW 2 KEEP THE ZOOMED LOOK Anybody ever heard of this before?

mikew

mikew

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNorth East Lincs

Got this question from a friend today. He is shooting a nikom d3400.         ,NIKON D3400,,LIKE WHEN I TAKE A PICTURE ZOOMED IN,IT ALWAYS SHOWS UP IN THE DISTANCE VIEW,,WHEN I GO LOOK AT IT,,,CANT FIGURE OUT HOW 2 KEEP THE ZOOMED LOOK Anybody ever heard of this before?

Possibly me but after reading this a couple of times i cant get my head round what your asking.

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Country Flag
Hi

I also had problems to understand ...

What I could figure is that he is not zooming on the lens, but does a digital zoom in Liveview, as you can do on some point and shoot cameras. If so, the answer is that he can’t keep this.

The best for him is to get a zoomlens with a focallength that allows him to go as close as he wishes
Or
CROP the picture in postprocessing, so that he is producing the same zoom effect.

But maybe I misunderstood the problem.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Agree.  I think we need a better idea of what your friend is trying to describe.  Perhaps an example of an image or two would help us understand.  It could be that they are looking at an image after having taken it and they zoom in on the review of the image which would basically be similar to cropping the image in post processing as Jerry said.  Invite your friend to join us as well, we are a pretty friendly and helpful group!

krag96

krag96

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,319 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

"Zoomed look"  by that does he mean he wants the picture to have a blurred look around the edges while keeping the subject in focus, like he's speeding toward it?