Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Z6 How to Lock Exposure in Video Mode

z6 lock focus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

jbandes

jbandes
  • Country Flag

I am using a Z6 and I use back button Focus and want to be able to lock EXPOSURE in VIDEO Mode. I went in to custom settings and set my F1 key to Lock and Unlock Focus and its works great in Photo mode but when I switch to Video Mode it shows me the SUNNY CLOUDY etc which is the default. Often when shooting videos the exposure changes suddenly and the sky is blown out. 

I put on an ND filter so that I can shoot at a shutter speed of 1/60 but I still want to be able to lock exposure. I can press in the joy stick in Video mode and if I hold it down it will lock exposure but since I use back button focus I cant press and hold them both.

I am sure its something stupid but I want to be able to do what I can in Photo mode and press F1 and Lock and Unlock focus in video mode 

Can any one help.

Thanks

fallout666

fallout666
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

not sure since do not do video with it. also one only few people that have Z6 on this forum 

Ron

Ron
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

I found this on YouTube. Don't know how useful it might be.

https://www.youtube....h?v=7tj6uCVzLIw

--Ron

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: z6, lock focus