Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D750 SIGMA EF-610 DG Super external flash question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

ddcross

ddcross

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I have a Nikon D90 and a D750.

I've used a SIGMA EF-610 DG Super external flash in iTTL mode on the D90 with great results.

On the D750, the flash doesn't recognize the camera as digital / iTTL capable.

The D750 manual on page 440 lists the possible flash control modes for an external flash.

Has anyone found the secret location in the manual that specifies how to select a particular mode for an external flash?

Or to see what the current mode is?

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

It should be more or less plug and play, AFAIK. Are you sure that all the contacts in the foot have a solid connection? Does the flash-ready indicator show up when the flash is charged and ready?

It might be worth cleaning both sides with de-oxit, even if the flash works on another body.

Most of the flash control modes are set on the flash using a Nikon speedlight. I haven't the faintest idea how many of these modes are available with a Sigma flash. To check the current mode, press the flash button that raises the built-in when no external flash is mounted. You can then change the camera-controllable flash modes with the main dial and the flash compensation with the sub dial while pressing the button.

If the external flash is set to off, the only places it shows is in the i screen and in LV.