Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D750 Internal Memory?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

rhinodog15

rhinodog15

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag

I took some photos with my daughter a few days ago and I can't find them in the SD card anywhere. Photos taken before and after her photoshoot show up from the card with no problem. I've tried data recovery and they aren't there. My only other thought was somehow the photos recorded on the internal storage somehow instead of the card. I've never experienced this before. Any ideas?

mikew

mikew

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNorth East Lincs

I didn't think the D750 had any internal storage, does it have a demo mode for shop use in which case it may not record the images, did you have two cards in and have you checked both.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

There is no internal storage in the D750.

Have you checked the file names? Are they sequential or is there a series missing? Did you have a second card in the other slot?

rhinodog15

rhinodog15

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag

I only had 1 card in the slot. I know the shots recorded (somewhere) because my daughter wanted to look at the shots, so she and I scrolled through them and we continued to shoot. Once we got back in the car, she wanted to see all the pics, but the message "This folder contains no images" popped up.

I've never seen anything like it before.

Nikon Shooter

Nikon Shooter

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 4,041 posts
  • Country Flag

Puzzling.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Sounds like they might have been deleted or the card formatted.  Although I believe that you said that recovery software couldn't find them and in those cases the recovery should work.

• Ron likes this

rhinodog15

rhinodog15

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag

How would a card format by itself? I'm not necessarily worried about these specific photos, I can take my daughter's pics again, but what if this was a paid shoot? Is this a thing with D750's or Nikon's? I threw away the card we shot on. Hopefully that was the problem but it's pretty concerning if the camera isn't recording photos to the card.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I said the files may have been deleted or the card formatted.  I never suggested the camera made a decision to take either of those steps on its own.  I have seen friend's camera settings changed because someone forgot to turn them off and they moved enough in the bag to change settings.  I have seen people accidentally do things and not own up to it (not suggesting you) such as a friend or child or not realize that they did something.  As I said - in the case of deleted files or format, it is likely that recovery software would find the missing files and you said recovery software did not help.  I don't recall any situation where a D750 or any other camera has done this on its own.  Perhaps the card was write-protected?

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,261 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

It sounds to me like perhaps the trashcan icon was pressed when you reviewed the images in question with your daughter. As Peter said, the camera has no internal storage, and if no other images were deleted, the only plausible explanation seems to be that those particular images were accidentally deleted... perhaps in the excitement of the moment.

--Ron