Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

EN-EL14a or EN-EL14

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

MasterErik

MasterErik

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag
I just bought a d5600. In the store demo unit my EN-EL14 worked in the camera but the voltages are.2 different. Is it fine to use the EN-EL14 in my d5600? I noticed that the charger charges both but wasn't sure if the slight voltage difference would affect the longevity of the camera.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

From what I have read, they are interchangeable. If they weren't, Nikon would have had to keep production going instead of discontinuing the older version. Planned obsolescence is very much frowned upon by Japanese authorities.

MasterErik

MasterErik

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag
I might try it again. I wonder if it would be just a smidgen slower being a different voltage. The flash recharge that is anyway. New battery is about 50$?!

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I would expect it might be a touch slower with or without the built-in flash.  However I would recommend against counting on the built in flash as you might an external flash.  It just doesn't have the power.