Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

"D" Mark on a vintage manual Nikkor Lens

nikkor manual pancake ai-s 50mm vintage

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

davissimus

davissimus

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I've just purchased a vintage manual lens from the early '80s on eBay to compliment my FM2, namely a Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AI-s Pancake lens, the version only been sold in Japan and it has a "D" on the barrel. Does anyone have any idea what does it mean?s-l1600.jpg

Brian

Brian

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Country Flag

The marking is not in "The Complete Nikon System" by Braczko, the close-focus version is listed. What is the first few digits of the SN?

sihe03ac

sihe03ac

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I've got two of those 50mm 1.8 pancake lenses. One of them has the "D" marking, the other one hasn't. I'm curious too with regards to the meaning of the mark. The "D" lens is a bit newer (serial# 2223415 vs. 2141473. Apart from that, they are exactly alike.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nikkor, manual, pancake, ai-s, 50mm, vintage