Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Using a Nikon Micro Nikkor 55mm Lens on a Canon 6D

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

kitjv

kitjv

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

I have a cross-platform question. Although I do not consider myself a beginning photographer, when it comes to using a 40 year-old manual focus Nikon lens on a modern dslr (Canon 6D), this is new territory for me. The lens is mounted to the camera body with a adapter ring. Although I certainly understand that the auto/electronic features of the camera are disabled with this lens, I nevertheless have 3 really basic questions.

When focusing with the focus ring, is there a way to know (other than "it looks like it's in focus") when focus is achieved?

Although I can manually select the shutter speed on the camera, I cannot do so with the aperture. However, I noticed that the lens has an aperture ring. Am I correct in assuming that this how the aperture is selected?

Thus, it seems that setting the correct exposure is done in the camera's M mode. Correct?

Thank you so much!

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

FotodioX make a Nikon F -> Eos adapter with a focus confirmation chip in it. https://www.bhphotov...nt_adapter.html

You use the aperture ring on the lens to set the aperture.

You use manual exposure setting. I am not sure if he 6D can handle stop-down metering. If it doesn't, you will have to guesstimate the exposure and bracket shots to get the correct level.