Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D7100 for $850--Refurb

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

JRosen

JRosen

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHouston, Texas

At CametaCamera.com, they have the Nikon D7100 for $850.00!  Its a refurbished model:

http://www.cameta.co...ished-77063.cfm

Which leads me to ask, has anyone purchased a refurbished camera?  If so, any troubles, anything to watch out for?  It has a 1 year warranty from Cameta Cameras.  I know I can get a new-in-box from 42photo.com for $1000.00 with a complete Nikon warranty, but $150 is $150!

However, I am open to your thoughts/experiences.

TIA!

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

I think refurb products are hit and miss.  If you do go for the deal, make sure to inspect the camera carefully and return it if there's anything you don't like.  Saving $150 and losing warranty coverage is not worth it in my opinion, but if you get a 1 year store warranty and really want the savings then I think this is worth a shot!

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHiding in the hallway

I have two refurb Nikons and have had no problems with either one. 

In fact, I just bought a D7100, for $100 more than this one is going for. That's a really good deal. 

They came with a 90 day warranty. If anything is wrong with it, you will see it within 90 days, most likely. 

One year is an excellent warranty for a refurb!

ashchuckton

ashchuckton

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOhio USA

I have bought several refurbished cameras & lenses from Cameta & never a problem with any of them. Cameta is a good place, plus they extend Nikon's warranty to 1 year. All of these items were as new. I could not tell they were refurbished other that the Nikon box saying refurbished. The last camera I bought from them had 11 clicks on it. 

Kenafein

Kenafein

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Country Flag

I bought my camera manufacturer refurbished.  My cousin, a pro photographer, buys all his bodies refurbished.  I haven't had any trouble with my D600, so far.  It came with a ~200 shutter count.  I only got a 90 day warranty on mine.  A 1 year warranty would alleviate all my concerns, but only if it is manufacturer refurbished.  

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHiding in the hallway

I just bought a refub 40mm macro lens and saved about $50.00.