Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Take apart Coolpix P100

breakdown take apart

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Livingod101

Livingod101

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag
Hello all,

I am new here and hopefully I am creating this in the right category. I searched Google and this forum for this answer and no answer was found.

I have a older Nikon Coolpix P100 with 26x zoom. I love the camera, but since my phone takes pics and easier to carry I really haven't used this in a while. So I thought I would make it into a project. I want to remove the IR filter and take pics and video using this.

Last night spent over an hour taking it apart as much as I can, and unfortunately I couldn't get to the sensor compartment. I put it back. Where I got stuck is the board, found no way to get to the screws without cutting wires and breaking plastic components.

I will willing to post video and pics if you want. And anyone know how to get to the sensor?

Thank you!