Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D70 exposure issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

REBeaudet

REBeaudet

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

Recently the D70 that I bought new in 2005 started producing images that are about 3 stops underexposed and tinging the hioghlights with moderate to deep magenta. It does this regardless of mode (auto, programmed, manual, etc) or combination of f stop or shutter speed for the manual modes. I am using a Nikkor 18 - 200 lens purchased within the last 2 years. Has this been encountered before and what's the solution? Is it time for a new camera?

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

How many shutter actuations does it have?  Perhaps the shutter requires a replacement.  An example photo with your EXIF data might help as well.

REBeaudet

REBeaudet

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

Camera has 25466 actuations of the 50K Nikon estimated capacity. I've included sample photo and text of EXIF data.

Camera has 25466 actuations of the 50K Nikon estimated capacity. I've included sample photo and text of EXIF data.

Attached Thumbnails
  • post-35161-0-30923300-1572706394_thumb.j
Attached Files
  • txt.gif  Exif.txt   2.52KB   1 downloads

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0011.JPG

Attached Files

• Attached File  Exif.txt   2.52KB   112 downloads

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Definitely not what I would expect...I think you are going to have to send it for service...with the highlights like that maybe it is a sensor issue vs. a shutter issue...