Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Digital Cinema Camera that uses Nikon lenses?

video nikkor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

xgdfalcon

xgdfalcon

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I've been using Nikon cameras for a long time, and have a large investment in lenses.

I'm in the market for a digital cinema camera (e.g. Black Magic Pocket Cinema) and have noticed that most if not all entry level cameras (<$4000) work with Canon DSLR lenses, but not with Nikon.

Is there a brand/model that works with Nikon lenses?  Is there an adapter for Nikon lenses?

Thank you,

--Larry

Marcus Rowland

Marcus Rowland

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLondon

Sorry - only just noticed this. I think there must be something, because my Samyang fisheye is set up for use as a cine lens (gearing on the focus and aperture rings, T-stops, etc.) while being Nikon mount. Of course it may be that they simply adapted the cine lens for all common mounts regardless of whether or not there is a cine camera version.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Making an entry-level cine camera with the most complex mount on the market with the smallest throat diameter and the longest register distance doesn't make any sense to the manufacturers.

I don't know the market, but Nikon F female to Canon EF adapters without an element have been available since the film days.

For the ยต4/3 Black Magic Pocket Cinema, the Metabones F/G mount adapters that were released this summer should work.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: video, nikkor