Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Assistance identifying Nikon Camera Please

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

S.Richard

S.Richard

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello, I sincerely hope I am posting this message in the correct area. I would greatly appreciate any advice on identifying a Nikon brand camera previously belonging to my late father, I have searched extensively on the internet but am unable to locate any concrete details pertaining to this model based on the information on the actual camera body.

Many thanks in advance for any information you may have available, please find a couple of photos attached which may or may not be of any assistance.

Best regards. 

6 Base.jpg

0.jpg

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

D200?  (per the strap)

Nikon Shooter

Nikon Shooter

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,041 posts
  • Country Flag

I thought so too but since it was made in Thailand maybe that
could explain the absence of nomination left of the pentaprism.

Je n'ai jamais utilisé de models de cette gamme donc je ne peux
que spĂ©culer.

Bienvenue! :P

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,643 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

It looks like a D200 with the D200 logo worn off or removed to attract less attention.

If you take a photo and upload it to your computer, what model does the EXIF say it is?

Nikon Shooter

Nikon Shooter

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 4,041 posts
  • Country Flag

what model does the EXIF say it is?

This is the best possible suggestion!

S.Richard

S.Richard

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Thanks to all for your replies, I posted this on an alternative forum as I had the impression that my application on this particular site had been rejected due to some inexplicable reason as quite a long time passed without any confirmation or indications ..... the first reply I recieved from a member on the alternative forum (delay of 25minutes) quickly provided the solution, simply black tape had been extremely well placed and positioned over the 2 indentification areas .... yes I know ignorance is bliss ..Regards.