Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ISO Appears to be not working properly on my Nikon D200.

iso appears working properly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Site Supporter

Working indoors with somewhat low light conditions, I could not get a decent exposure using slowest shutter speed and

widest lens aperture.  I then set the ISO on maximum at 1600, but to no avail.  The image became barely visible.  This is

with a freshly re-charged OEM Nikon battery.  The shutter count is approximately 31,000.  Thanks for any helpful

hints and suggestions.

TT

mikew

mikew

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNorth East Lincs

Perhaps you just didn't have enough light to get the image.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,588 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

What were your other parameters?

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 2,516 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Site Supporter

Peter, I am not ignoring your question.  I did receive an email from Nikon Support and they walked me through a two button reset.  First I had to be sure the

unit was off, then remove the battery, lens and Compact Flash Card.  Then reassemble everything and get into the main menu and hit reset and then reset

the Custom Menu Settings.  This got the ISO working again, however albeit the images are still underexposed.  When I think about it, ISO 1600 is pretty 

much useless when taking into consideration the much higher ISO numbers used in most recent releases.  So I still believe that I am better off using the 

built-in flash or an external speed light.  It may just be time to shoot for something that was manufactured in this century.  :))

Thanks again, Tony

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iso, appears, working, properly