Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Issue with Auto-Focus in My Nikon D200.

issue auto-focus nikon d200

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Site Supporter

For some time now I have been experiencing inconsistencies with the Auto-Focus in my Nikon D200.  With a fully re-charged Nikon battery, the camera and lens set to auto-focus and the AF selector on AF Dynamic, there are times when

the auto-focus will not activate.  This happens even using back button focus and AFL and AEL while pressing down on the

shutter release button.  My first thought was that there was insufficient lighting in the room so I flipped on a few more lights 

and still no response from auto-focus.  I even added more contrast to the scene and the auto-focus ready light would flicker,

but not fully activate.  At this point, I thought that all I could do would be to insert a different fully charged Nikon battery, and 

again, to no avail. Also I cleaned the contacts on both the lens and the camera thinking that perhaps the two were not speaking to each other, however no luck in that department either.

Now this afternoon I decided to see what mood my D200 was in and attempted to take some photos and the auto-focus

worked flawlessly every time.  I tested the batteries in my other D200 and they functioned perfectly as did the camera.

I do not know.  Thanks very much for any hints and suggestions.

Tony

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: issue, auto-focus, nikon, d200