Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

M and M/A switch issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Traveler582

Traveler582

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Country Flag
I sold a guy a Nikon 20mm 1.8 lens and he says when he puts 'it in M mode from M/A mode it still try to focus when shutter is pressed, which should not happen'.

Is it possible he has the camera body set up in a way this happens.

I personally use back button focus.

I don't believe there were any issues with the lens when I sold it. And I'd rather not accept the return if I don't have to, just trying to see if it could be something else.

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Country Flag
The M setting on the lens should prevail on any camera setting, ie. if any setting is set to M (=AF off) it should be in manual mode. If it isn’t than it is likely a switch problem.

One of my lenses (24-120/4) is having exactly the same problem. For me it works out to set the on-camera AF switch to M when needed, but I don’t think that this will be an acceptable solution for the one that bought your lens.