Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cannot view from he LCD monitor

lcd monitor view display

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

fdormoy

fdormoy
  • Country Flag
  • LocationCanada, Quebec, Piedmont

I got a Nikon Z7 in July which worked fine up to now.  But since last week, the LCD monitor works in a very errtic way. In most cases it does not turn on.  Even if I use the button to choose "Prioritize viewfinder vs or "Automatic display switch".  In fact I only have these 2 choices and despite these, I can only view from the viewfinder and the LCD display is black, even if I want to view photos I just took.

But sometimes, when I move the LCD display, then it works.

What could be the problem ?

I can only access the menu using my viewfinder, which is not so practical.

fdormoy

fdormoy
  • Country Flag
  • LocationCanada, Quebec, Piedmont

Ok.  No replies from anybody... But i got the answer from a Nikon Z7 expert yesterday.  The problem is very simple to resolve.  The sensor detecting if the eye is getting near the viewfiner was dusty.  By removing the dust with an air blower, the dust disappeared and the vewing through the LCD monitor was made possble again.

If anyone faced the same problem, you know now how to solve it.

fallout666

fallout666
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

first of all i been away and new to mirrorless and a lot of people on this board do not have one so i give best i can come up with. i would take it to local camera store or get hold nikon usa or if Canada to see if can give tips that issue is new to since never happen on my Z6. also i have learning disability so hard for me understand things at time. so i try my best to give good remarks back  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lcd monitor, view, display