Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lightroom Mobile App

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Snorky

Snorky

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationDeep Space 9

Wasn't sure where to put this topic. :wacko:

I heard that Adobe Lightroom for Android was totally free. Downloaded it and began selecting files for editing (very slow process by the way). I opened one of my RAW images and chose an editing tool.

But wait!

That immediately takes you to a window with UPGRADE NOW at the bottom of the screen. Click there and it asks you to add a payment method. So much for a free app.

7wrz9tW.gif

Yeah I know... this is Adobe, but the whole thing seems like a scam, You can load and edit JPEG files for free, but when you go to save your edits, that process is also extremely slow. My other mobile editing apps load, edit and save images in a snap.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I believe it is included if you have their subscription for Lightroom / PhotoShop.  I have used it but it has been awhile.  I mostly edit on my MacBook and it is possible to share between the two devices.  

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 7,156 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

The update itself is free, but the license is included in the Photography plan.

Snorky

Snorky

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationDeep Space 9

None of that information was revealed at the download.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 7,156 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

It is Adobe we are talking about after all.

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,444 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

For what it's worth, Adobe has been monkeying around with what's included in their Photography Plan lately. The Lightroom PC/Mac CC app apparently is no longer included with the plan. When I first signed up, you could use both the CC app and the desktop application together but apparently, no longer. They're selling the CC app (along with 1TB of cloud storage) for $19.99US a month. You can still get the Photography Plan which includes Photoshop, Lightroom Classic and 20GB of cloud storage for $9.99US per month. Note that Lightroom Classic is no longer listed as a CC app although it's available on most CC plans. Confused yet? Well, there's more.

The mobile versions of Lightroom used to be part of the Photography Plan as well, but as you've found they can be frustrating to use. The last time I attempted to use Lightroom on my iPhone I eventually gave up in disgust. I was later told by someone that logging out and back in solves some of the usability issues. Oh, really!!! I later deleted it completely from my device. Not worth the hassle.

Yes, I realize that this doesn't help when you're trying to use an app that's advertised as being 'Free'. From what I understand about that... again from others who have struggled with Adobe... is that you MUST create an Adobe ID to use the software. In the past doing that did not require a purchase of anything. Perhaps that has changed as well.

So, my advice... assuming you want a FREE option, is to look for another app. There used to be a bunch of them on both Apple's app store and Google Play.

--Ron

Snorky

Snorky

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationDeep Space 9

For what it's worth, Adobe has been monkeying around with what's included in their Photography Plan lately. 

Ye$. They have no problem$ taking everyone'$ money. :D

• Ron likes this