Can you update the firmware via a direct connect cable from Mac->z6 or is the only way copying the file to the base of the card? newbie question.
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:58 AM
- Download F-Z6-V201M.dmg.
- Double-click the F-Z6-V201M.dmg icon to mount a disk image containing a folder named “Z6Update”, which in turn contains the following file:
• Z_6_0201.bin (the camera firmware)
- Using an XQD card reader, copy “Z_6_0201.bin” to a memory card that has been formatted in the camera.
Note: Be sure to copy the firmware to the root (top-most) directory of the memory card. The camera will not recognize the new firmware if it is placed in a folder under the root directory.
- Insert the memory card into the camera and turn the camera on.
- Select Firmware version in the SETUP MENU and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the firmware update.
- Once the update is complete, turn the camera off and remove the memory card.
- Confirm that the firmware has been updated to the new version.
Note: For detailed instructions or information on the equipment needed to complete the update, download the following pdf file:
Z-series_FirmUp_Mac_En.pdf (PDF) (0.25 MB)
Note: Updates can be performed for you by a Nikon-authorized service representative.